Friday, November 03, 2006

Hello V-Strom

In Red Deer, Dylan and I picked up the V-Strom. We drove up in my old VW Golf - I miss that car.

The first thing I noticed is how quiet it was. With earplugs in at idle I could hardly tell it was running. To me this is a very good thing. I am completely deaf in one ear and I take my hearing very seriously. The KLR was quite loud and I'm not one to be making a whole lot of noise as I go by. My condo is on a busy one-way street and the sport bike crowd likes to gun it going in front of my building in the summer. It drives me nuts and was one of the major reasons why I was hesitant to ride a motorcyle in the first place. It's amazing how a few idiot riders on the street can solidify a reputation for motorcyclists. Anyway, I digress.

I rode the V-Strom home with a big grin. It was an incredible experience to say the least. I felt power like I never had before and I understood perfectly why Dylan refused to go around the world on the KLR. The KLR was like a big, tall two-wheeled car. It accellerated like a car, braked like a car and handled like a car. The V-Strom had passing power, and 6th gear to cruise along the highway. It was fantastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I very much enjoy your blog. Look forward to your trip and updates on the way. How about some pictures of your new motorcycle!

C.J. & Dylan said...

Thanks for your interest in our story so far Jim! I posted a couple of pictures for you!