Friday, November 10, 2006

A cold, wet hell ahead

Off I went on my way to Kamloops BC, about 6.5 hours away from Jasper. It was another stunningly beautiful day with a warm, but not hot breeze, bright blue skies and some of the most spectacular scenery on Earth. Until I got to about an hour from Kamloops.

That's when the wind started and I pulled over because I could see the storm ahead. I struggled to quickly put on my my waterproof jacket and pants because the wind was so strong. I had never experienced - or noticed experiencing being in such a quickly changing weather system. Looking West I saw a warm summer day. Looking East I saw a wall of cold, wet hell. I got back on the bike and kept riding. Maybe I could make it to Kamloops, or close to it, before the storm itself hit me.

I was wrong.

More to come...

No comments: