Sunday, October 29, 2006

"I'm not riding a KLR around the world"

After I got back from my mini trip on the KLR, I went over to Dylan and Deanna's place for dinner - a fairly regular occurance.

"I'm not riding a KLR around the world", Dylan proclaimed at dinner. I asked why not and he said, "I don't want to be bored out of my mind while going on this trip. It's the perfect bike on paper for this journey, but the trip isn't on paper."

Needless to say I was upset. Although I had struggled somewhat in getting used to the height of the KLR, I was definitely enjoying riding. I felt that the KLR was a perfectly capable bike for our needs. Dylan on the other hand had been riding his Honda CBR F4i for a couple of years and knows what a smooth, nice ride feels like.

After a couple weeks of my feeling in the dumps because I'd gone out and done so much work to get my gear and take the safety course and buy the brand new bike, Dylan called me up. "I'm thinking about the Suzuki V-strom", he said. I think we should go take a look at Blackfoot Motosports."

So Dylan, Deanna and I went down to Blackfoot to check out the DL 650 V-strom.

More to come...

No comments: