Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's the deal with Ted Simon?

A few posts back I wrote that Ted Simon was one of the coolest guys ever. Both Dylan and I would like to take that statement back. Dylan never actually said it, but I know he agrees with me.

I painfully read his adventure, starting with Africa. All the while I was reading this I was thinking, "what a boring trip and he has no good stories to tell at all." I was hoping for there to be some event or activity that would draw me in as a reader. Nope. The worst thing that happened to him is that he lost his wallet and then didn't ask for it back when someone else found it and left with it. That's not cool.

I'm sure Mr. Simon's adventure was wrought with challenge and adversity. He just can't write about it in a way that's worth reading. Both Dylan and I stopped reading the book less than halfway through. Am I missing something here with this book?

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yep - you are missing a great deal.
i met ted simon recently for the first time - take it from me that he is an incredibly cool guy.
stick with his books - they will reward you.