Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A great motorcycle show

My hat goes off to everyone who put in long hours at the Calgary Motorcycle Show. It was a great event and was well attended.

The news of the weekend for me is that I got a custom earphone manufactured. I'm completely deaf in one ear so stereo sound is lost on me. In fact it's annoying to only hear a guitar and wonder, "What happened to Mick Jagger? I was certain he sang in this part of the song." Then, upon switching earphones asking, "Hey Mick, where'd Keith go?"

EarInc.ca is where I got them done. Linda did a great job, but I have to say, it's an odd feeling having silicone injected into your ear. I bought the deluxe, custom molded model and got it for half the show price because they only need to make one! The plug is being wired for mono sound as well so I get both channels in one ear. The great news about it is that the earphone also acts as an earplug, blocking sound to make riding more comfortable.

It wasn't that comfortable for Dylan though when we went back to the booth to pick up our plugs after they dried. He got a custom pair of earplugs done in a two colour swirl pattern; orange and black.

He tried them on when we picked them up and claimed they didn't fit well at all. Odd for a custom plug that's molded to your exact ear.

"Oh" the woman proclaimed, "that was you. I'm glad we got that sorted out!"

Apparently another person (with larger ears, purchased the same plugs in the same colour combination. They forgot to write one of them down and then didn't know which plugs belonged to who. So they guessed and guessed wrong!

It was a little gross. The woman said that at least Dylan was the first person to come back and try them. What she failed to appreciate is that they came out of the other man's ears in the first place!

More to come...

No comments: