Friday, January 05, 2007

A fun weekend ahead

I'm pretty excited about the weekend.

Last year at this time I could care less about motorcycles, motorcycling, "adventure travel", and I'd never given a thought to going around the world on a bike. It wasn't until a week from now last year that the idea for a RTW trip came up. As such, I didn't even think about going to the Calgary Motorcycle Show.

This year is another story. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some of the folks at the show, seeing what products might work well for the trip. So far I've learned that there is a company that makes custom earphones and earplugs there. Normally I wouldn't be thinking this is one of the best booths at the show, but I'm completely deaf in one ear. Protecting my hearing is critical and if I choose to use headphones, one of them is absolutely no use to me and it just gets in the way and transfers static energy into my good ear - giving it a nice electrical shock every few seconds.

There you have it. I'm excited about earplugs.

More to come...

No comments: