Sunday, December 17, 2006

Take the plunge - or the epi-lasik

I have tried out my last pair of contact lenses and they are not good enough for me to read with. I've tentatively decided that I'm going to take the plunge and get the epi-lasik eye surgery done at Mitchel Eye Centre.

I'm nervous as all heck about it but think it's probably the best option for me. One of the main reasons for it - besides the trip, is that my girlfriend has a couple of dogs and one of them likes to get quite rowdy. I get my glasses licked, booted, knocked, smudged and otherwise messed up at least 10 times in a weekend. It would be great to be able to "fight back" against the dog and be able to see at the same time. Maybe she's just smarter than me and is able to play dirty by knocking my glasses off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just caught your post on H.U. My wife and I are going around the world (from Calgary to Calgary) starting in 2007.

I had laser surgery done by Dr. Mitchell almost 2 years ago now. Vision is 20/15 and no night vision problems. Highly recommended!

C.J. & Dylan said...

Great to hear that it's worked out for you. I'm definitely scared about it.

I'd love to get together with you to discuss our trips. please email me - wilkinscj at gmail.com and we can grab a coffee sometime. Happy Holidays!