Monday, December 18, 2006

Dylan's V-Strom gets a makeover


Dylan and I both bought "silver" V-Stroms. In 2006, "Silver", according to Suzuki meant more like, "Dodge Caravan baby blue champagne metallic".

I bought it in this colour to differentiate my bike from all the sport bikes out there. Since the V-strom is not another crotch rocket, I didn't want it to look like one.

Dylan hated it.

So, after he picked up his bike, using his professional painting skills (no sarcasm here, he is actually does paint aircraft) he decided on a flat black for his V-strom. Here it is in his garage, not yet assembled. He already has the Pat Walsh Crash plate on the bike as it came with it when he bought it.


2 comments:

David Watson said...

Oh, the irony! I guess you've seen the 2008 announcement by now:

http://suzukicycles.com/Products/DL650AK8/Default.aspx

I saw the bike in flat black and was immediately smitten. The 08 will be the replacement for my current SV. We'll see if it gets me cross country.

I'm envious. I've been to Lake Louise and the Canadian Rockies and the riding there has to be second to none.

Cheers!

C.J. & Dylan said...

Hi David,

Yes, I noticed the flat black on Stromtroopers last week. I'm not sure what Dylan with think of it. Mine is the baby blue and I'm not too picky when it comes to the colour.

You are right. The riding here is outstanding. In the interior of BC it's even more incredible. (my post on July 10 talks about that trip a bit).