Friday, February 23, 2007

Eyeball update

Yesterday afternoon I headed over to the Mitchell Eye Centre once again to check on the progress of my eyes. The funny thing is that you need to tell them how you see for them to tell you how you see. I digress.

I've been back at work for a few weeks now and it's been ok. Some dry eye and I'm definitely pooped out by the end of the day.

The appointment went well. I'm now seeing with about -0.5 in both eyes and if I recall correctly, the tech said that it was about 20/25. Not too shabby, but not good enough for me yet. I have some persistent double vision in my right eye that he said was likely due to uneven healing of my epithelium. Basically my eyelid will fix that by blinking to make it even again.

My next appointment is in another month when they expect I'll be pretty much at 0.0.

It's an amazing feeling and I'm quite proud of myself, although I had nothing to do with the quality of my own vision, to be able to see the charts. I'm even more excited for next month's visit now with their expectation that I will continue to improve.

Most of all right now I'm enjoying being able to drive right now. I'd love to be riding but it's been in the -20 degrees Celsius these days with snow and gravel and chaos on the roads. The car will do for now.

More to come...

No comments: